02 February 2013

Greetings!
My, I've missed chatting with you. Traveling took so much out of me, mentally and physically, that I just couldn't muster up anything to say.

I'm so glad to be back home, but I want to stay in touch. I thought we could start anew with a dialogue about my upcoming show, Devotion 2013-The Family Tree. We hope to present the fifth Devotion on Friday 14 June 2013. The location is the Julia Morgan Theater in Berkeley, CA.

You may ask, if we are based in San Francisco why are we presenting at a theater in Berkeley? I'll be telling you about that in posts to come. I'll also be telling you about why putting on a show in the SF Bay Area is such a unique challenge. You'll be riding shotgun with me through the whole thing.

Ready?

In 18 days, we'll be launching the crowd-funding campaign for Devotion 2013-The Family Tree on KickStarter, a crowd-funding site.
I'm really excited about the idea of community funding for this project, because we are a community and I want my world-wide family to be a part of this show, even if you can't be here in person for the event on 14 Jun 2013.

While we are putting the finishing touches on KickStarter, I've got some info for you now.
First, please enjoy this video. Share it with everyone! You'll be seeing an expanded version when the KickStarter campaign launches, with commentary from yours truly.

Today's treat is from Debra Lee® Cosmetics. Visit Debra Lee's website for great make-up and cosmetics designed especially for dancers. 25% of your purchase will help to fund Devotion!

You can also connect with Devotion on FaceBook. Although you apparently can't connect with me, but that's another blog post!


So glad to see you again.
All the best,
Carolena



23 comments:

Sara Howard said...

Devotion is an amazing show that I would desperately love to be able to see in person. Thank you for all that you do...looking forward to reading about your journey to Devotion 2013.

DivineHips said...

All the Devotions are such a treat! I so hope that the funding comes through for the show!

Anonymous said...

Trying out your comment section. Looks like it works to me!

Anonymous said...

Testing the comments section.

Lynn K. Fletcher said...

Testing the comments section.

Unknown said...

Welcome home! Mary Ann- Kaleido World Percussion and Dance

Unknown said...

Welcome home:) Mary Ann- Kaleido World Percussion and Dance

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you blogging again! Love from Canada ♥

Diana Lee said...

Hi Carolena, It's Diana here from PR. Looking forward to your posts.

MissC said...

Hi Carolena, great to have you back blogging! Though with all your travels understandable the blog was sidelined for a while. Loving the Devotion community input concept, not only does it make all of us feel part of it, all across the globe, but builds on our dance bringing us all together.

IsDihara said...

It is working! And I am so pleased to be able to read your posts.

kimk said...

Yay! I've been waiting for the Kickstarter to start :)

kimk said...

Yay! I've been waiting for the Kickstarter to start :)

Unknown said...

I so love being a part of the worldwide ATS® community!
Tonje, Belly Belly Hip

Alicia Foodycat said...

I love the idea of a Kickstarter for this sort of thing. Crowd-sourced funding is the way forward for the arts, I think.

Philippa Moirai said...

Great to see you here again Carolena! Good luck with the KickStarter. I look forward to hearing more...

Carolena Nericcio-Bohlman said...

Hi All! Well it's been so long since I've posted that I forgot that I had to approve your posts to be able to see them.
Gah! I thought no one liked me anymore :(
But I was wrong; I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and dog-gone-it, people like me!

Chayo said...

Dear Teacher... I´m in love in my life because I am happy dancing!! Thank you, thank you!! Chayo. (Spain)

Unknown said...

Love this!

Unknown said...

LOVE this!

Alicia Foodycat said...

I don't know if you know Amanda Palmer's work but I think you might like her TED talk on the art of asking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMj_P_6H69g - much of what she says about the exchange and contact between people is harmonious with your approach of love and compassion, I think

Carolena Nericcio-Bohlman said...

Hi FoodyCat, thanks for the link to the TED talk. I feel that Palmer and I are different in style, but I get the connection that you saw.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Oh yes - very different in style!